6 oz butter and peanut butter (about 5 oz of butter and 1 tbsp of peanut butter is what I used)
6oz brown sugar
6 oz flour
2 small-medium cooking apples
- Cream the butter, peanut butter and sugar till soft and fluffy
- Beat in the eggs
- Fold in the flour and mix well
- Peel and core the apples and cut them into small pieces
- Stir the apple pieces into the mixture
- Grease a non-stick tin (2 lb loaf tin is about right). If it's not non-stick you'll need to base line it with greaseproof paper.
- Bake in a moderate oven for about 45 minutes. The skewer should come out clean when you test it: don't turn off the oven till it's properly done.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before turning it out to cool on a rack.
- Serve at once hot with custard or cream, or serve it later, cold, for tea. Store it in a cold place, and make sure you eat it all within a few days.