1 oz fine oatmeal
Pinch of salt
A little milk
- Weigh up the oatmeal and put it in a large soup cup or small bowl
- Break the egg into it, and stir to make a thick batter
- Add a small slosh of milk (about 2tsp) and the pinch of salt.
- Leave the batter to stand for as long as poss (five minutes is good, an hour is better, overnight is fine).
- Add more milk to achieve the right consistency. The batter can be thickish for small griddle cake/scotch pancakes, or a bit thinner for large crepes.
- Heat an oiled griddle or crepe pan or frying pan (or the pan left after frying bacon), and cook the pancakes.
Serve them with bacon, fruit, yogurt and syrup for breakfast. Serve them with lemon and sugar for pancake day. Save the extras and use them as sandwich wraps. Spread them with jam, or cheese...